We had a very exciting year and have listed below some of our key accomplishments.
- San Carlos Sister City was invited to present our group and future goals to the San Carlos City council members at City Hall.
- Three subcommittees were created: Steering, Membership/Marketing and Administrative Committees.
- The Association became a member of the San Carlos Chamber of Commerce.
- The Board purchased an individual membership to International Sister Cities Organization, DC.
- A formal request was submitted to the San Carlos Arts and Culture committee for support funds and insurance coverage from the City.
Omura, Japan Student Exchange
- A successful Omura student visit was implemented.
- A Japanese delegation of 18 members visited San Carlos.
- Two cherry trees were planted in honor of the new Omura, Japan and San Carlos Sister City relationship at the San Carlos City Hall grounds and was attended by Council members and the Consul General of Japan, Hiroshi Inomata.
- The Japanese Embassy in San Francisco hosted a lunch for representatives of Omura and San Carlos Sister City Board members
Metepec, Mexico Student Exchange
- Roberto and Pilar Rueda Ochao of Metepec were hosted by board members.
- Plans began to host Metepec students, and possibly teachers and administrators, by San Carlos families
- The annual Taste of Italy fundraiser held each September sold out.
- Rosario Velasco of Metepec hosted the talk, “Beyond the Cartel” at the San Carlos library.